PSU or GPU or Mobo issues with booting

Computer:
Mother Board: Asus p8z77
Processor: Intel i7
GPU: MSi GTX 660 Twin Frozr
PSU: Corsair cx750
RAM: 2x2gb Crucial Sticks

Hello, I'm new here! Anyways I tried installing new RAM to my custom desktop, however I installed just one Crucial 2gb stick because I couldn't find the other stick. When I tried starting the computer it made a single pop and shut down. Soon afterwards, I smelt a burning smell. I immediately took out the RAM and tried starting. The computer turned on for about 3-5 sec then it shut down. I tried pushing the button but the computer wouldn't start. I tried turning the power supply off then on and the computer started. However, the computer won't show any picture and the screen says no signal detected. The mouse and keyboard also won't work. I have tried resetting BIOS by taking battery out for 10 min and holding power button while disconnecting. I also checked the old RAM for burns or signs of damage. Now the computer is unreliable and only sometimes even turns on. Sometimes it does a quick turn on then off or it won't work at all. I also checked the graphics card for signs of damage and I took it out,too. So if I can get help with this issue I can't solve, thanks in advance :)

Sounds like when you installed the ram. You might have cause some static from your self. In turn shorted the motherboard. No I can not say for sure. The only other thing is maybe the PSU is bad. You try other one and see . Either way something has shorted out. From what you posted it dose not sound good.

I may have accidentally usedstatic because I forgot to use my grounding bracelet with the alligator clip and ive already ordered a psu a corvair cx850.

Back