PSU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just connected my new Q-Tec 400W PSU (Big Fan) after removing the original 250W that came with my system. I do not know if I have connected everything up correctly inside as when I switch on the power at the wall socket my base units led's blink even though I have not turned it on yet. Have I done something wrong? I've connected the 20 pin connector to the board as well as the additional square 4 pin connector. I have 1 wire connecting up DVD & DVD RW drives and another wire connecting up to the power point, the bit where you can plug in memory sticks and finally conecting to my graphics card. Any Ideas?

Specs: Pentium4 3GH, 2G Ram, GeForce N6600GT, Soundblaster Audigy SE,

Your might need a 24-pin connector to your mobo, PLUS you need to connect the separate 4-pin Intel connector as well. Without this last one, nothing will work.
Did you (re)connect your harddisk(s) as well?

Yeh I reconnected all my devices but there was not a 24 pin connector just the 20pin and the 4 pin which are both connected. I take it that it doesn't matter which order things are connected up inside? And does it matter if the connection to the power on button also goes via the graphics card?

Cheers :hotbounce

cozx3 said:
Yeh I reconnected all my devices but there was not a 24 pin connector just the 20pin and the 4 pin which are both connected. I take it that it doesn't matter which order things are connected up inside? And does it matter if the connection to the power on button also goes via the graphics card?

Cheers :hotbounce

What? Can you explain the bolded sentence please? The power on case button/switch must be connected to the mobo at the correct connector. I'm not sure why you would have removed this by replacing the PSU.

Have you actually powered the computer on yet and it's not working?

Ooops I didn't mean to write that in bold. Apologies. I'm getting confused. I 've not removed the power on button/switch connector just ignore that. My main concearns were that now when I switch my wall socket on my base unit led's blink on for a split seccond and it didn't do this before. Everything is powering up fine so I don't think there is a problem. I was also getting a buzz through my monitor and when I turned my mouse wheel but I was advised to move my sound card as far away from my graphics card as possible and this got rid of the interference. Cheers

The blinking is likely just a self-test. As long as your pc boots up all is likely well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back