PSU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanslayer

Hey Guys, been a while since I posted.
I've got a problem with my PSU. Here's the deal.
First the disclamers. I've had it for 7 months and put full strain on it many times, never had a problem before.

About four days ago, my computer started locking up. It would freeze for 5 seconds and then resume. Three days ago, I started hearing a noise coming out of my comp. It sounded like a hissing/static/crackling. I kept having the weird problems too. Yesterday, my computer lock up a lot more than before. And today, my mouse isn't responding. I logged on and tried to use several different mice, none of which worked. Do you guys think the problem could be the PSU. I did confirm the noise is coming from the PSU, not anything else. Couldn't identify where in the PSU it came from. I would appreciate any help.
Sincerely,
Spartanslayer.

Nice to see you around again spartanslayer.

I agree, it does sound like a psu issue. try another psu and see if your problems go away.

I certainly don`t advise waiting till it goes altogether, as it may take other components with it.

Regards Howard :)

Yeah, I haven't been using it, don't want to fry the Vid Card! Thanks for the quick reply. I will try a new PSU on Sat, just wanted some advice in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back