PSU Question

By Gunzy19
Apr 11, 2009
  1. Hi, i have a Asus A8N-SLI Premium Mobo, I need a new powersupply and was wondering if will work with it. The motherboard power requirements read: ATX PowerSupply w/ 24pin and 4pin 12v plugs. ATX 12 V 2.0 compliant. Will this PSU work if its ATX 12 v 2.3?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

In a word... Yes ;)
  3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

4. Tmagic650

Yeah, Rosewill's are a bit noisey too :)
  5. madzach2000

madzach2000 TS Rookie Posts: 48

yep ,and i happen to have a rosewill psu its really quiet, has decorative sleeves for all the cables, and has been working great for 3 years now i think you will be just fine so good luck :)
  6. Gunzy19

Gunzy19 TS Rookie Topic Starter

okay thank you for all the help guys.
  7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

I would second hellokitty[hk]'s recommendations. Rosewill PSUs are to be avoided, especially if you can find other PSUs in the same price range.

EDIT:However, that Rosewill seems to have pretty decent specs, and it's 80PLUS-certified. The OEM is not bad either. But I'll wait for a review of the unit before judging it.
  8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

9. Tmagic650

There are so many better power supplies than Rosewill, all around the same prices too
  10. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

LOL the one for the 630W Rosewill is hardly a PSU test. No ripple testing, no transient load testing, no testing of the DC power supplied from all the rails under different temperatures. There is not even a mention of crossloading protection.

It is more like an advert for the product than a PSU test. The second one is quite thorough however and clearly states that the product cannot deliver all its rated wattage, even at 25C (which is impossible to have in a case unless you have some impressive cooling in place). So it is not really a 650W PSU and should not be rated as such. Also, build quality is below average, with a lot of glue on the primary cap and choke, with the primary cap being a Teapo, a less-than-stellar brand.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.