Psu question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surkitz

i read the sticky at the top about psu 's but have a few questions. I pretty much know how much wattage im going to need BUT am I safe just buying any psu i want? I have an Aspire X dreamer case that has an older agp 4x/8x graphic interface on my mobo and was about to buy this combo off newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143046

Its a cooler max unit
I need to upgrade my graphics and psu (only running 350w currently )

How will i know if it fits? are all psu's standard size?
will the connector pins be the same for this psu as my current?

That`s a standard atx psu, so you`d have no problems fitting it in your case.

However, I don`t recommend Coolmax psu`s as they are classed as rubbish. See HERE for a list of psu manufacturers to avoid and also some recommended psu`s.

Regards Howard :)

thanks for the info. im glad i didnt purchase that combo. guess ill have to find other deals

I've been running Ultra psu's for the past couple of years and haven't had any problems with them (knock on wood).
There are now psu's that come in component packages. What that means is that instead of having to bundle up and use ties (as I always do - takes less space and looks neater when the case is open plus better air flow), you now only have to use the cables that you need. If you only need to connect 6-8 power leads, that is all you attach to the psu. They come with an ample supply of leads, but you only have to attach the ones you need. This makes the case look neater, adds to a better air flow, and you don't have to bundle up the leads you don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back