PSU upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipmike33

Will this be a good enough power supply to run my computer?

Thermaltake 430W

Currently I have a 3rd party power supply and its not giving me enough power to power on my Sony DVD Burner.

Will the new psu be enough to power

E6550
ECS-G33T-M2
1GB OCZ- soon to be 2GB in dual channel
1 IDE 160GB HD with a SATA-IDE adapter
1 DVD Burner with a SATA-IDE adapter
MSI-8600GT

and maybe another 120GB HD with a SATA-DE adapter

Do you guys recommend any PSU? Currently Im on a budget and can only afford a $40-50 PSU. I've read plenty of reviews for the thermaltake and most of them were pretty good.

PS
Im buying the PSU and the other stick of RAM next week unless you guys recommend me a better one.

I am going from a colorsit 400W psu to a 600W colors psu and have noticed that the motherboard has a 24 pin setup on the board as does the new psu but there is also an extra 4 pin connector going to the board with two yellow and two black wires is this the 20+4 setup or will i need to connect the 24 pin(one piece) plug AND the 4 pin(yellow/black) wired plug aswell I could supply a pic if this would help.

The 4-pin is usually for the ram (or cpu I believe). Mine has the 24-pin main connection and a 4-pin that plugs in by my ram sticks.

ok cool so you would say connect the full 24 and the additional 4 pin. When the new psu gets here I will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back