PSU's.. which ones best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to pay more attention when you post links, the first 3 don't work.
Not knowing the PC it goes into, I'd say none of them (but perhaps the Enermax, if it's a small PC).
Go for something in the 480W range with dual +12v-rails, and a combined +12v of no less than 34A. Spend you money only on brand-name products, that have a minimum weight of 4 pounds/1.9KG, reckon anywhere from US$75 upwards.

sorry about the links.. my bad

hmm.. 'not knowing the pc' well check my public profile.. i filled out all the blanks bout my PC.. so yea.. its all in there..

small pc.. well the case is.. im guessing its ATX? its a compaq presario.. speaking of which, do these manufactures equip their PCs with decent PSU's? ive had mine for almost 2 years.. n im a lil worried they stuck a cheap PSU in there n that its gonna blow soon... so before that happens n risk gettin my PC fried.. id like to invest in a good PSU

btw.. i dono all those techy terms like dual +12v rails.. combined +12v of no less than 34amps.. uhm.. can u explain how these can benefit me?

n i live in canada.. so im limited in my choice (well i can order from US.. but i prefer to avoid business online as much as i can)

thank you

If it's only for that Compaq, then take the Enermax. Compaqs of that type are not that powerhungry.
If you plan on expansion later with a different motherboard and a larger CPU (like AMD64) and perhaps a big(ger) graphics card, it will be too small.

My wife uses a Compaq Deskpro-EN that's about 10 years old. All original parts still work great, and I think the PSU is probably under 200W. Very reliable sofar.

If you feel that your PSU is too small, then by all means replace it, but I don't think it's necessary.

If you want to know more about PSUs, read this: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1815455,00.asp

thanks mr RBS for that nice link.. its very informative n short... good on the eyes..

olefarte, i like the link.. still reading tho.. not done yet haha but its good so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back