psw.x-vir trojan Help!! I cant get rid of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the 15 steps that you have listed for removal. It's still poping up. I can't reformat I don't have a disc. What do I need to do???

Buy a computer, or a set of operating system software... Linux will work.
You have five spyware tools, but I don't see that you have a first class trojan tool installed.

PSW.x-Vir Trojan is considered to be a part of the VirusBurst rogue antispyware. It displays false security such as:

"Your computer is infected with last version of PSW.x-Vir Trojan"

Technical Name:

PSW.x-Vir Trojan

Threat Level:

Medium

Type:

Malware/Adware

Systems Affected:

Windows All

Removal Instructions

Remember PSW.x-Vir Trojan procedures requires technical know-how on computer troubleshooting.

1. Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP). [how to]
2. Download AVG AntiSpyware Free Edition and save it to a desired location.
3. After downloading, browse where the file was saved and double click to install it.
4. After installation, connect to internet and download all necessary updates.

5. Download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) and save it to a desired location.
6. Reboot your computer in SafeMode [how to]
7. Run AVG AntiSpyware and do a thorough scan. Delete all infected files.
8. Close AVG AntiSpyware and other open Applications.
9. Run and follow the SmitfraudFix procedure you downloaded earlier.
10. You may now reboot in normal mode if it does not reboot automatically.

11. In order to make sure that threat is completely eliminated from your computer, carry out a full scan of your computer using AntiVirus and Antispyware Software. Another way to delete the virus using various Antivirus Program without the need to install can be done with Online Virus Scanner.

Regards Jase :)

This thread is for the use of scsdonaldson only. Please do not post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I can't see any problem in your HJT log.

PSW.x-Vir Trojan DESTROY!!!

Hey guys,

I saw this blog after I was done removing the virus, and I thought I should spread the word that I found a great virus remover. Yeah it sucked getting the virus because it was a pain in the ****. Also you should know not to use any account that contains any personal information because the virus can infect and extract valuable person information. I was doing a little bit of research on the virus and found out that it was called Trojan SPM/LX and every few seconds a message would pop on my screen telling me to get the latest verson of some anti-virus remover...DONT DOWNLOAD IT. It was created by an unknown publisher, so that is the first sign it is not safe when downloading any file. My friends were telling me that I should go to a technition but I didnt see the need to. HERE YOU GUYS GO

The instructions are here and the links to download the stuff. goodluck!
I hope this helps!

precisesecurity.com/adware-spy/aw-pswx.htm

*NOTE*[/COLOR] if this does not directly connect you to the site then go to GOOGLE and type in the search box, PSW.x-vir trojan. It should give you a list of websites to visit, but the one I clicked on the link that said...and it should take you to a website called precisesecurity.com and the instuctions are there.

Remove spyware and adware-PSW.x-Vir trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back