Psycho Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy people.

I need help with my mouse. It has a mind of its own at times, not always but usually when you need to be careful with it. It flies all over the screen but only when i try to move it. When Im typing the cursor remains still. Very annoying I tell you. I sometimes can spend minutes trying to get it onto a button to proceed! Other times it works fine.

I have tried both PS/2 and USB ports (numerous)
I have tried other mice (as my first one was a Microsoft Wireless one, I have just bought an Optical BenQ one.) with no joy there.
I have tried other mousepads and no mousepad altogether.
I cant tell why it works fine one minute then goes nuts the next.

This is my first posting - please help!

Dave

PS- The guy I bought my PC from says he will fix it for free, but i live 150kms from him and cant get it there very easily right now. He seems to think it could be a motherboard problem or a virus, in which case I may have to leave it too him as im a bit of a *******. If you have easy fix ideas id love some help.

Look in the mouse properties in Control Panel. Disable mouse acceleration and set the speed to something sensible.

I had this prob with my ASUS Mobo, its been said turning down the hardware acceleration for the sound in DXDIAG works(dont know how) but it didn't for me, it seems my Mobo just didn't like cheap mice so I went and bought a Logitech MX510 and its never been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back