TechSpot

Puppy's GRUB?

By BlindObject
May 19, 2007
  1. I've been trying to Install Puppy's GRUB to my Hard Drive and it's amazingly impossible.

Installing Puppy itself is simply, it automatically installs onto /dev/hda partition and done.

Now, installing the GRUB is hard. I cant install it onto the same partition Puppy is installed to. I tried making a new partition that is bootable called /dev/hda2 styled Linux. Just like how puppy is isntalled.

I ran grubconfig, and it goes well till I get to the section where it prompts where I should install it. I dont have any floppies, so I wont bother with that for now. I tried instaling it the same partition as where Puppy was installed. I didnt work.

Then I tried MBR, that didnt work either. Both with some sort of "MOUNT ERROR"...

I've tried alot of googles awnsers and I just dont know what to do anymore...any ideas?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.