Purchased new computer for gaming! Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostfuze

So back in February I made a thread about a PCI card to go into my Emachines computer. So I bought the 5700LE, and it ended up being crap. Most of it was my computers fault, not the actual card. So anyways... I broke down and bought a whole new computer system for $1,000.

Here is what I got:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ S939
nVidia GeForce 6600GT PCI-E
Soltek K890PRO motherboard
Samsung 17" LCD
PQI 512MB PC3200 RAM
Hitachi 160GB SATA HDD
BenQ DVD Burner
Samsung floppy drive
Windows XP Home Edition
Aspire X-Navigator Case w/ 450W PSU

The computer is not built yet because im awaiting my Windows XP copy to arrive from Amazon.com, but im so damn excited to get this going. Everything is sitting nicely in my dining room now, as I type on this crap eMachines.

The new computer is going to be used mostly for gaming, and the things I plan on purchasing in the immediate future for upgrades:

512MB stick of PC3200 RAM
CD-RW Drive (So i dont have to use my DVD burner as a main drive)

After that, the only thing i'll be needing to upgrade is my video card in like 6-12 months when I get money.

Cant wait!

Oh yea, I already have Far Cry, Half Life 2, and UT2K4 sitting here begging to be played. It's killing me! lol

Get a good power supply.Most of the ones that come with cases are crap and can ruin your motherboard and processor when they fail. Enermax and Antec are very good.

I just noticed that. If you can return that hard drive do it. They seem to be having the same failure problems as the IBM Deskstars, or Deathstars as they are becomming known. Ive only bought Western Digitals for the past 5 years after having several Maxtor failures.

Well im definitely not returning the harddrive. I had to return the original HDD that I ordered because it was the wrong one.(What a pain)

If this Hitachi one goes bad, ill just have to get a different brand. No big deal.

And about the power supply: I'll be getting a new one when I upgrade my video card. This Aspire one will be fine until then. The 6600GT doesnt suck up power like other high end cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back