Purchasing a Screaming gaming machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearjammer

My son 24 wants my help in the purchase of a great and advance gaming machine so he does not have to upgrade for a year or so. Any suggestions as to what to add to a barebones system. If he gets this I will be so jealous and I don't think he'd like me over at his house all the time... :D

Not sure what you mean by "add to a barebones system"....

You already have some parts and want to "add" to what you have?

What do you already have? If you can give us the details, we can suggest what is keepable etc. Always love to help a father/son gaming duo! :grinthumb

Well 2GB Ram is a must. He also definately needs a 7800GTX 512MB if you have the money, if not try the 256 variant.

hehe just a case...well barebones is usually case, mobo and CPU right? well gaming is all about graphix cards then ram...2 gigs of DDR2 running at 553 or 667 MHz is nice...1 gig is minimum...

for graphix...GeForce 7800's are about $300 and the 6800GS's are about $200..yes the 7800 is better, but if money is holding you back..then the GS isn't bad at all. ATI has the equivalents of the XT1600 and X850 respectively. these cards require power...so 400 watt minimum power supply from a reputable company is nice to have too.

Barebones

Yes you need case watts etc. which are supplied then you add your hardware video and peripherals at whatever level you choose.Barebone kits vary for size etc of processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back