TechSpot

Purported Apple Watch battery life revealed, powered by A5-caliber SoC

By Shawn Knight
Jan 22, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. For all of the information that Apple disclosed regarding Apple Watch last September, the company - outside of saying the device needs to be charged nightly - failed to delve into exactly what sort of battery life one can expect...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

Portable iPower (patented)...

[​IMG]

Hasbean likes this.
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

Charging device:

chevrolet-v8-automotive-engine1.jpg

4. My simple analog g-shock watch lasts for I dont know how many years on single battery, is that impressive, Apple?

5. but can it run Crys...erm... Angry birds?

6. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 830   +54

Nice. 2.5 hours. 4 including fitness. 2 or 3 days if you don't use it. I wonder if that will be the norm for years as they make it faster, put in more features and reduce the impact any better battery would make.

Can't see me getting one anyway. I don't want to wave an Apple product around on my wrist that advertises the phone in my pocket. Attention all muggers!!! Apple here!!!

wastedkill likes this.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,500   +2,052

Damn I'm losing it. I can't think of any good demeaning thing to say about this but give me a little time, I'm sure I'll think of something. :D

wastedkill likes this.
  8. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 251   +73

Typical Apple users like to look at/use their gadgets more than the average user of other devices (sit in a bus and you will see). I think, 2-3 hours would be the useful life of any charge. Maybe a belt-clipped-power-supply with thunderbolt, and of course, in an all metal design.

9. Hasbean

Hasbean TS Enthusiast Posts: 98   +22

I can hear the Apple iLawyers already.