Push/pull or just pull?

deanlaing12

I plan on getting a Corsair h100i and setting it up on pull for easier cleanup later in the years.

It is worth upgrading to Push/Pull though? I mean... I do not want my pc to be overly noisy if it does not have to be and logically, there is not any more air getting through than using pull since the fans that come with them are synchronized for the specific grill.

What do you guys think?

Haha, that (the video) is the best advice I can give. He actually tested it out, so whatever he says, you should go with.

Push pull is almost always more effective.
Most importantly though is that you use static pressure fans, if you're using a high CFM airflow fan you'll get pretty poor performance.

Push pull is almost always more effective.
Most importantly though is that you use static pressure fans, if you're using a high CFM airflow fan you'll get pretty poor performance.

The advantage does not compensate enough for the amount of dust that gathers in the radiator.

and expense of more fans
Well if it's not worth it to you it's not worth it! You are the buyer after all, it's not question that a forum can answer for you :)

But what we can do is tell you that push/pull is almost certainly going to improve your temperatures.
I found this article and for their setup, adding in two more SP120 improves overclocked temperatures by almost 5C.
http://www.kitguru.net/components/c...00i-performance-comparison-with-sp120-fans/4/

Notice how they're using pressure fans, I just want to reiterate that especially with a dense finned cooler like an H100i you need to use pressure fans.

Oh right and BTW my opinion is that it's not worth it if you've got a decent pair of fans.

Back