Quad-Sli Geforce ?

By goliath9
Mar 11, 2006
  1. ok i just read something about next gen pc are coming out with the new quad sli geforce plus cyberpower has one for a everynice price.

you guys think in the next few years most system will be equip with this technology?
  2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

Personally, I doubt it. Sli and Qual sli just take up too many slots IMO, and cause heat issues. I think future cards will be dual/quad core instead of having multiple cards. I'd rather have a single dual core card, than have two identical cards, since it's easier to install, and would leave more slots open for expansion.
    Time will tell though...
  3. goliath9

goliath9 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 53

Yes U Gave Ti Agree..and Future Cards Are Bound To Be Power As Techonology Grow
  4. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,039   +9

I would say because the technology to install 2 cards are already here, and that only enthusiasts are crazy enough to install 2 GCs, SLI (and all spinoffs) will be here to stay. Of course, there's nothing to stop GC makers from fitting in more cores on a single card.

Again, I think multicore + SLI is only for people with watercooling. Just too much heat into the case. As it is, temperatures in my casing is more than just a couple of celcius higher than ambient, and thats with alot of fans. Quiet ones, but there's a total of 4 for the casing alone (including the noisiest 120mm exhaust pushing >60cfm). And I'm not even running SLI.
  5. Mojam

Mojam TS Rookie Posts: 16

is there a program that lets you amplify the microphone plugged into your computer instead of recording and then playing back afterwards. i need to be able to use my computer speakers to amplify the microphone instead of recording. please help. thank you in advance.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.