Quake 4 demo on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Oh, well this one came out of nowhere - a preview of Quake 4 is hitting the net, for subscribers of PC Gamer magazine that will be hitting the newsstands Sept 21. The game is based on the Doom 3 engine and is a sequel to Quake 2. In fact, it starts in on the action right after Quake 2 finished up. You can fight alongside other marines or on your own. I am so excited I can hardly hold my nailgun straight...

Although Raven has a good background I still hope they don't turn Quake 4 in a generic FPS and bundle some worthy gameplay along with the good graphics.

NOt too sure about Quake 4 as it looks just like Doom3. Well the graphics might be the same but the game isn't

Originally posted by ---agissi---
Hopefully this will replace UT99 im still playing.. 2k4 is trash.

they're all the same to me, Same overall feel with better graphics as it goes on... on top of that, ,UT2k4 got the vehicles.. can't mess with that... There's some hot mods out too, like Red Orchestra (winners of the 'Make something Unreal' contest) and that aliens clone. Sweet...

Everyone is gonna buy H2 for the mods.. why not use mods for the games we already own...?

Not a sermon.. just a thought

CooL!

Now this is very good news.
I'm not really into horro-games (Resident Evil, Doom3 etc), but a good shot-em-up on the other hand!
So now I'll finally get to experience the D3 engine in full.
(I have tried D3, but it's just not me. The Deathmatch is ok, but not too much more)

And this happening right after my new setup should've arrived (MSI K8N Neo Plat, A64 3k+, Sapphire X800pro vivo)... The timing couldn't have been better! :)

Thank you Phantasm, you just made my day!

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi And this happening right after my new setup should've arrived (MSI K8N Neo Plat, A64 3k+, Sapphire X800pro vivo)... The timing couldn't have been better! :)
Nice rig there.

BTW, would you say this kind of thing (see link) makes buying the mag less worth it?
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=169330

I decided to post it here anyway because if you look for it, you would have found it in 1-3 minutes anyway.

Originally posted by Julio
Nice rig there.

BTW, would you say this kind of thing (see link) makes buying the mag less worth it?
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=169330

I decided to post it here anyway because if you look for it, you would have found it in 1-3 minutes anyway.

Thank you :)

It depends.
If the mag I can buy in stores does not include the Q4 demo, then yes, I'd most likely be happy with the scan.
But if the mag I can buy in stores does include the Q4 demo, I'd pick it up so as to support them.

Though often I have to settle for scanned images, as many magazines aren't available in Norway :(

-MrG

Quake II remains one of my favourate games of all time, I just played it to death. UT2004 now a lot, which isn't crap, by the way. I have high hope for q4.

Those scans from quake 4 look a little too much like doom III, same environments and lots of dark areas. It would be cool if they used the doom III engine but at the same time they changed the environments. by what I saw on the pictures it just looks like they changed the maps slightly and gave you new enemies/weapons. maybe the final product or other levels will be different, but for now it looks like a DIII clone.

id isnt doing Q4Julio?

Btw Strakian and others..

2k4 does have vechiles, which SUCKS in my opinion, its like Tribes or something
2k4's general gameplay style is slower
2k4's guns are aweful compared to '99

Overall, they have gone completly away from what made the orgional UT such a hit! The wicked FAST gameplay, choice of weapons and overall skill. 2004 just isnt the same game.. at all.

How about we just wait till it comes out and then make our judgements? I like most of the games named here tonight - of the ones that are out :)

Tribes Rocks.
Games without jetpacks and the 3rd dimention they add, seem simple with short learning curves.
GiG

They had an interview that said they would be pursuing the horror-FPS style, as that is what they are 'Good at'

Nothing has ben released yet about the project though.

If you want to see the interview, you should be able to google it somehwere. It was on Tech TV or G4 at some point, makes for a good watch. (it's about Doom 3 primarily though)

They had an interview that said they would be pursuing the horror-FPS style, as that is what they are 'Good at'

Was that Raven or iD?

I hope it was about iD, as I'd really like to play a non-horror fps that isn't based on ww2...

that was iD, and they said they'd be working on a horror-fps... basically in the vain of Doom3 (scary) but a new franchise.

don't know about Q4 just look at Doom3 nothing new (only better graphics). But one thing is sure S.T.A.L.K.E.R SHADOW OF CHERNOBYL gonna rock. Just look at the sky.............best Graphics....best Gameplay. FPS REVOLUTION!!!!

Quake4

Quake4 should be the same line as quake3 that was the top of the crop
and going after quake2 is not on. we dont need another doom3. witch
was not as good as it should of been

yeah I thought it was WAY to early.. they were working on D3.. the Q4 demo STILL wont be out for a long time.. this news was total bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back