'Quake' demake running on an old oscilloscope is downright haunting

By Shawn Knight
Dec 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. There's something oddly appealing about porting games or apps to platforms in which they don't belong. In the clip above from Finnish programmer / artist Pekka Väänänen who managed to create a demake of the classic first-person shooter Quake to...

Read more
  2. JakeT

JakeT TS Member Posts: 74   +20

Ahhh the memories.....the sound alone is what made this game creepy.
    Auth3ntic0 likes this.
  3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,498   +673

Oh yeah! Just goes to show, it really doesn't matter what you play it on, a great game is still a great game!
    Auth3ntic0 likes this.
  4. But can it run crysis
  5. But can it run minecraft

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 905   +240

I remember playing this game in junior high school... such loads of fun. Was my first shooter game I ever played and I've been hooked ever since. I should go back and play Quake again, with the original NIN music.
    Uncle Al likes this.
  7. But can it run minesweeper
  8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,457   +1,759

In all honesty, it looks like every other "digital wire frame", "how we brought that, "X!&?K*#", monster to life", DVD special feature.

The kind you buy the DVD to get, and then find that you could have lived without "Oh poo, I should have rented the DVD from Redbox and been done with it". Like that.
  9. deemon

deemon TS Booster Posts: 199   +46

Better than PONG! :)
  10. captaincranky

But perhaps not as good as, "Galaxian"....:p
  11. If thisuses the unreal engine then many other games could be ported too.. Im off to corner the market in old oskillopes..
  12. matthewsjc1

matthewsjc1 TS Rookie

Someone also ported DOOM to a printer and it's playable on the menu screen.
  13. captaincranky