TechSpot

Qualcomm announces four new mid-range chips, trickles down some high-end features

By Jos
Feb 18, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Mobile World Congress is still a couple of weeks away but Qualcomm has jumped the gun announcing new chips for its midrange 400 and 600 families. As usual, some features usually reserved for higher-end models are now trickling down the...

Read more

2. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 914   +391

Maybe they are reaching the conclusion that faster & faster processors aren't really "worth" it. The software and the device don't really take advantage of all of that horsepower. I have a snap400 and the device it is attached to runs all the software without any lag or slowdown (I don't play games). The majority of people are "just using" these as a phone, email, web browser, camera, for the most part. Yes, there are the high end people that have to have every drop of performance, highest specs, but, I think they are the minority, but, the public, who have been marketed to that they have to have the latest device or they aren't crap, still buy into the gotta have it now mentality. Bang for the buck is what I want, & I bet if you could change the mindset of most people they would to.

3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Given the opportunity I dare say that many people would opt for longer battery life over outright performance when presented with a choice.

BlueDrake likes this.
  4. Amen to longer battery life ! !