Qualcomm Toq smartwatch showcases Mirasol display technology

By Shawn Knight
Sep 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Qualcomm is now taking pre-orders for their just-unveiled smartwatch. Much like other watches already on the market, the Toq isn’t a standalone device but rather works as a companion device alongside your smartphone to quickly read text messages, e-mails, calendar...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,526   +829

Its getting to the point where I wish I just had a box I could throw all my gadgets in and have them charge.
  3. WaveZero

WaveZero TS Enthusiast Posts: 41

Whut $300 dollars? Are you nuts? Sadly for people on budgets you have to look elsewhere. Isn't the Nexus 4 16GB on sale for $249 in US?
  4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

And how does this pair with my smartphone? bluetooth. Even with the new low power bluetooth in the latest update for the Nexus 4 my battery is still gone in a day or so if I don't have it charging while at my desk. Doesn't matter if the watch can last 5 days as it won't have anything to connect to within 1. I appreciate the concept but anything additional that drains power from my phone is a big no no until battery technologies advance.

And also it's not that inconvenient to take my phone from my pocket. Smart phone screens are getting larger and larger, and now we're meant to communicate with the phone via a teeny weeny screen. I'm sorry but this is another gadget I'll be ignoring.
  5. kuroiei

kuroiei TS Enthusiast Posts: 93   +31

Smartwatches...! Because, who cares?
  6. edzuslv

edzuslv TS Rookie

At least you don`t have to charge 2 devices every day like samsung gear. :)
    Arris likes this.