Query on video card voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazy_duz_em

Heya Techspot readers.
Is it possible that a video card would automaticly underclock itself due to an undervoltage?
i'm asking this because whenever i set my CPU voltage ir gets -0.5 of the voltage i set(eg: i set it to 1.3V i get 1.25-1.5V)
and i tried to set my cpu voltage to 1.4v but my computer would not boot anymore it started detecting raid devices,didn't recognize my keyboard,did not found any hard-drives or DVD's and i got some artifacts.

Main Question : Is it possible that a video card would automaticly underclock itself due to an undervoltage?

The CPU voltage wouldn't have anything to do with the voltage that the video card is getting. What happens when you set the BIOS to defaul voltages? What makes you think the video card is under-clocked?

the thing that makes me think my vid card is underclocked is that a radeon 9600XT with 256mb DDR on 400mhz/200mhz DDR is unseen!(only mine)
and if i set to default voltages everything work cool but sometimes my computer won't start and all that it comes out is a high pitch continuos sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back