Question about AVG Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafficks

I use the notorious AVG Antivirus Free edition on several of my computers. However, I want to know if there is any real reason for an upgrade to AVG Pro?

Is there a crippled threat detection rate in AVG Free?

Is the threat detection & removal exactly the same in free and paid versions? Where the only differences are small additional program features (such as advanced scheduling).

I just want to know if AVG Free omits some threats from its detection database to make us want to upgrade to the Pro version.

Thanks. :)

AVG free uses exactly the same virus definitions as the paid for version, so I don`t see any real need to upgrade.

See HERE for info on all Grisoft`s products.

Regards Howard :)

No don't go to the Pro I didn't see much of a difference, only some programs didn't want to load. I've gone with NOD32 seems to be like my old F-Prot was.

I only use avg because it's free, it's great and all, but I say keep up on which one is best (won't be avg forever) and don't pay for antivirus or anti-spyware for home use.

I bought AVG Pro for my old computer and I noticed no difference in the performance and ability of it to detect viruses. I would say stick with the Free Edition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back