Question about CCleaner Registry Cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm872110

I have a question about the Registry Cleaner portion of CCleaner. I recently scanned and it found a good bit of registry locations. Is it safe to fix the issues that it finds? Is there any way to post a log file of what it finds?

Using any registry cleaner carries risks, if you don`t know what it is you`re fixing. Make sure you make a backup of your registy, before running the reg cleaner.

Click start/run and type regedit into the run box and press the enter key. When the window appears maximise it. Click file/export and save a copy of your registry to wherever you want.

In the event of problems, you can restore the saved registy by importing the saved file.

Regards Howard :)

I`ve never had any issues with the Ccleaner registry cleaner either, but I know of people that have. Therefore, it makes sense to take a cautious approach and backup the complete registry first, just in case. ;)

No I haven`t mate. However, the same rules apply to using any reg cleaner programme. Make a backup of your registry before deleting any reg keys. Also, make sure you know what it is you`re deleting beforehand.

Ummm....

It's free. It has a back-up provision. And last but not (well, who knows) least, it made PC worlds' "Best Free Stuff" (a yearly issue tradition with them). It's never made a mistake on me. If you're curious you could get a copy here: http://www.tweaknow.com/RegCleaner.html

ccleaner was mentioned last year in the best 100 feebies. ( I just don't think they like to mention a program 2 years in a row, since Firefox wasn't mentioned this year either).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back