Question About Cleaning Utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasio-

Hey, I'm looking for a program that does somewhat similar tasks to the following:

Looks for repeat files (2 of the same song, or if you unzipped something twice in 2 places)

Looks for files you dont use/Aren't currently used for anything (sometimes when you uninstall it keeps some of the files like saves and things that you dont know about)

Look for software and other things that you dont generally visit.. such as certain downloaded files you forgot about..

I know its pretty stupid seemingly.. but i could really use something like this =] thanks, Jasio

Try Duplicate File Finder this very good tool to find and eliminate true duplicate files.

Duplicate Finder search duplicates using byte by byte or crc32 to give you most accurate and faster results.

I really like Duplicate Finder. An especially nice touch was when it told me that I was deleting all copies of a file. I tried a few other duplicate file finders and hated them.

Good interface with lots of features.

Try it free: http://www.ashisoft.com

I really have problem with telling someone to reformat unless: 1. there is a problem that can't be solved by troubleshooting or 2. the system is inaccessible to anything except the reformat.

Reformatting or reinstalling the OS is NOT meant to be something to be done routinely. Every time this is done, the chance of doing to wrong is present- files may be omitted or lost, drivers may be missing and so on.

I am amazed t how many people think reformatting is "routine" maintenance! It is NOT! And it is NOT something that should be done 'routinely'.

The people who do this, do so because they don't either know how to begin to troubleshoot or they don't want take the time to do it!, Instead, risking their entire system for a file or folder or program.

I recommend Directory Report to find duplicate files
www dot file-utilities dot com

I can find duplicates files based on the same name, size, CRC and/or comparing byte by byte
Free trial version so there is no risk

It can also generate report to printer and to files
There are many options so you can customize it the way you want

Simple to use since it looks just like the MS Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back