Question about ISO files

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_head

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this. Sorry if it isn't. Anyways, i have a vague idea of what an ISO file is (virtual cd almost?) and i thought it could be run with programs like Alcohol 120%. However, now it doesn't seem to work. How can i turn an ISO file into a "regular" one so i can put it on a cd and access it with any computer? Thanks in advance.

and ISO file is a image, all you need to do to put it on a cd is to burn it to one. how it needs to be burned depends on the type of ISO file it is. for instance if it is an ISO of a bootable Cd then they generally need to be burned using "disc at once". there is a multitude of freeware programs out there dedicated to burning ISO files.

iss said:
and ISO file is a image, all you need to do to put it on a cd is to burn it to one. how it needs to be burned depends on the type of ISO file it is. for instance if it is an ISO of a bootable Cd then they generally need to be burned using "disc at once". there is a multitude of freeware programs out there dedicated to burning ISO files.

can you tell me a few good ones please?

ISOBurn, BurnISO, ImgBurn, are just a few that you should have no trouble finding with a google search.

of the three I listed ImgBurn is probably the most popular and the most frequently updated.

captaincranky said:
Nero will burn image files if you have a copy of that laying around (CD or DVD image).
Nero isn't free like the other ones suggested but I will have to agree does a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back