TechSpot

Question about My Sony Monitor

By TastyKellogg
Jul 24, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all
    I have a question. I'm looking to upgrade my piece of junk Sony Vaio to a homemade PC.
    Howver, I do not want to trash my 15xa2 monitor and keep it. It has 32 pin female.
    Heres the pic
    http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picxb7.jpg

I'm looking to buy a video card under $100 or so. It has to be AGP 8X so I can keep my mobo and use it. Can anybody tell me what video cards I can buy?

Thank you
    If anyone can help me, this would save me the cost of a new LCD
  2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

The Sony Vaio power supply is usually low (I have one). First make sure you have at least around 300-350 watts; 250 is the lowest. If that is dvi, which it looks like, the GeForce 6600, or the ATI Radeon 9800 will probably work.
  3. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

I just looked back on this post, and was wondering if you found anything that worked? Now that I look at the picture closer, finding it's not dvi (what was I thinking?). I have never seen a video card on the public models that fit that particular format. Try looking for conversion tools, so you can convert that down to a dvi port, so you can then get another graphic card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.