Question about router and an adapter to go with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see anywhere else to post it, so I'm putting it here. We're getting a new computer and I need an adapter or other wireless connector to go with it. The router is a D-Link WBR-2310. Trying to make the most of it, so does anyone have an idea of what I should do? What other details are needed? Also, if someone has some good suggestions, I'm also considering a wired connection, since we haven't chose where to put the computer yet. Any suggestions as to connecting the computer to the the internet are what I'm looking for.

D-Link WBR-2310 is already wireless
33-127-073-02.jpg

But, your best option is to setup your Internet wired first, to make sure all is working.
Then install the wireless USB adaptor in the new computer, unplug the hard wired network cable, and re-run the wireless setup.

By clicking on Start->Run->
%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL NetSetup.cpl,@0,WNSW
(Just copy and paste the above line into the run field)

The router is already set up and has been for a long time, and another computer already has an adapter. If not for that, I'd also be asking for a router. But I'm not buying a new router now as long as I can do well with the one I have, or if there's a better method.

The one you have is fine, and should do everything you need.

However, some IP's will only provide tech support for the Cable Modem they supply.

As for the D-Link, it has enhanced wireless performance, and rangebooster technology with four ports in the back for CAT5/CAT6 cable.

Don't suppose you need more, unless there is something special about your choice of the word "Adapter."

You can create a secure, fast wireless network for your home or office using this unit. (WBR-2310). Your wireless router delivers faster wireless signal rates and farther wireless coverage than most other 802.11g devices. This faster connection allows you more time to enjoy listening to music and watching videos rather than spending time waiting for the files to finish transferring.

With this extended wireless coverage, you can connect to the network from greater distances.

Oh, you can get more, better, gooder... but the enemy of good is better. In actual performance, you should be very happy with what you have.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back