TechSpot

question about the 3200 barton

By ArchVile
Oct 12, 2004
  1. i just wanna know what the stock FSB setting, multiplier and vcore is. i kinda wanna get an idea how far i can push my 2400 in order to hopefully reach the speed of the 3200. i just bought the thermaltake extreme volcano 12 so im good as far as cooling goes.

2. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

333 MHz FSB, 13x multplier 1,65 Vcore. Stock
    I am an Intel man and I don'thave the time as I would like to Overclock, But I just happen to be looking in my Modder Mag and saw these numbers.
    Good luck

3. xtrmn8r

xtrmn8r TS Rookie Posts: 53

well to get 3200 you need to be running it at 400mhz fsb.

but the cheapest way to a 3200 is to buy a 2500 and just up the fsb as the multiplier and vcore are exactly the same. its what i have done and i experience the same temperatures as some of my mates who have 3200's.:grinthumb

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Start by reading Identifying AMD processors (that's why it was made sticky).

The 3200+ runs at 2200mhz : 11x multiplier, 200mhz FSB (internally 400), 1.65 Vcore.

You still won't be able to make up for the extra 256kb of L2 cache missing from your 2400+.

5. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

Didou you are correct maybe ,I read the wrong row of numbers,the XP 3200 400 MHz FSB,11 multiplier , but Modder mag says the Vcore is 1.70 I am going to AMD, excuse my error.

6. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

The Vcore should be 1.65v but many motherboards give it at least 1.68v, maybe for extra stability. Go figure.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.