TechSpot

question about video card

By apower
Sep 3, 2004
  1. I HAVE A COMPUTER WITH 1.6GHZ, 32MB BUILT IN VIDEO CARD, AND 256MB SDRAM.

I WANT TO UPGRADE MY COMPUTER WITH A NEW AGP VIDEO CARD. I WANT TO KNOW IF I COULD PUT A VIDEO CARD THAT CONTAINS DDR MEMORY EVEN THOUGH MY MOTHERBOARD USES SDRAM?

PLEASE HELP, I AM GOING TO BUY A VIDEO CARD VERY SOON

QUESTION #2
    IS THE RESOLUTION AND QUALITY PRETTY GOOD WHEN VIDEO CARDS ARE CONNECTED TO A TELEVISION?

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER.

2. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

First of all, welcome to Techspot!
    Please refrain from typing in full capital letters, most of the members here find it very annoying.

I cant see a reason why you cant use an AGP video card with DDR Ram in a PC running with SDRAM. It will work offcourse. So its a thums up for me.

3. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

I cant believe you typed in all caps, never ever do that, anywhere!

a Videocard with DDR ram will work in your SDRAM computer.

Resolution is very low on TVs, and QUALTY is EXTREAMLY HORRIBLE, you have no comprehension how bad it looks. Text is very very hard to read at the size of the text in this post

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

But conversly, movies, and games don't look all that bad, but you can definately tell the difference between it and a monitor.

BTW,
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

5. apower

apower TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you for all the help!

ps, no more CAPITALS

6. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

TV-out quality varies a lot between graphics cards, some can output 1280x1024 clearly, some are limited to 800x600. However, the image quality depends on the cable and your television too, of course. New HDTVs (or equivalent displays) have very good image.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.