Question about Z-680 Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have the Logitech z-680's and a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 platinum card.

My problem is, when I do the creative sound test it allows fails. But when I do the Logitech test from the remote it passes. I'm wondering what could be wrong.

When I want to test the right front, both right side speakers say right front. When I want to test left front, both speakers say front left. The front and rear speakers seem like there on the same channel.

Anyways I've checked the wiring and as far as I know it should be all correct.

ANyone know what could be wrong? Does the wire with the grey stripe go to red or black? Also when I unplug the ornage and black cables out from the back of my computer the sound still works fine. When I unplug the green everything dies. Do I have those connected wrong? It just seems like the black and ornage cables are doing nothing?

Thanks for your help, if more info is needed I will proivde, I'm just in a rush to leave.

Thanks!

AFAIK the uber Logitech Z680 has digital input and analog - which do you have plugged in, both? And is Digital Output Only checked in AudioHQ? I presume you have digital, since you said the orange & black cables unplugged don't effect the sound.

It could be that in AudioHQ you only have 2.1 speakers enabled - switch it to 5.1. What does the center channel do?

The non-black (grey in this case) cable always goes to red and the black cable goes to black.

I don't see where I can make the change in AudioHQ. When I click it, it opens something that makes me choose between Device Controls and EAX Control Panel.

I also don't know if I'm using analog or digital. Sorry, I'm really new to all this, just got the computer last week.

My centre speaker only works when I have the speaker effects on DD PL2 Music and DD PL2 Movie. Stereo, Stereo x2 and 6 Channel Direct it does nothing.

I have changed my speakers to 5.1 on the Control Panel Sounds and Audio Devices as well as in Creative Speaker Settings.

Creative Speaker Setting gives me the choice to click Digital output only which on Logitech's site it says I should click that. When I do, the sound just quits completely.

Sorry, the setup book Logitech gave me with the speakers didn't explain where the cables go or anything, and considering I'm new to all this, none of it really makes sense.

from what you are saying it sounds like you are using the three analog cables.

"Creative Speaker Setting gives me the choice to click Digital output only which on Logitech's site it says I should click that. When I do, the sound just quits completely."

Since you are using the analog calbes you must UNCHECK the 'digital output only' box. Make sure your Windows audio control panel AND your Creative Surround Mixer are configured to 5.1 speakers. If this doesn't solve your problem then I suggest you rewire your speakers and reconnect your three cables to your soundcard and the Z-680 control pod. Make sure the Z-680 control pod says 6 channel direct and try the tests again. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back