Question regarding upgrading my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

I'm pretty new to upgrading hardware on my computer and I have a simple question regarding the compatibility of getting a new video card.

First off, here are my specs:

-Motherboard: proprietary Dell motherboard with AGP4x/8x
-Power Supply: proprietary Dell 250w psu with 16.0A on the +12V rail
-CPU: P4 3.06ghz
-RAM: 1.25 gigs

please. don't laugh...!

Anyhow, will this computer support a GeForce 7600GS card or a Radeon X1650 card? I'm most concerned about the psu and whether or not it will support this new card.

And if these two cards won't word, what card(s) do you recommend I get? I care to spend in around $75-$100 on a new card, but I won't turn down a cheaper alternative.

And one finally note: any new card will blow me away because I'm running off a GeForce 3 Ti200.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

-Dan

You need to tell us the Dell model.
Basically, the 250 watt power supply will normally have trouble with the 7600GS or the Radeo X1650, but depending on the model, you may not be able to easily upgrade the power supply. some are proprietary... Sounds as if you are using a Dell 3000, 2400, 2350, or the like.

I have a Dell Dimension 4800.

So the GeForce 6200 is a decent card? I just want to reiterate that I would be impressed by any sort of upgrade because all I want is to play CS Source at medium to high and I don't do too much multimedia editing.

Thanks again!

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back