Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipmike33

Hey guys Currently I have windows XP pro on my 120GB HD and just recently installed in a 250GB HD. I have everything that was on my 120GB in my 250GB. Recently i did a fresh install of windows media center in my 250Gb and was hoping to have all my stuff in it already but obviously that wasnt the case. Im wondering now if theres any programs out there that can do this for me because at the moment my DVD-RW isnt worknig so creating a disc is out of the question. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

?????. Any major hard drive manufacturer provides both free software and instructions for installing a new hard drive (as a slave), cloning (NOT imaging) your old master drive to the new slave and then shutting down and switching the drive connectors (plus adjusting the jumpers if necessary) which then makes your new drive the master and the old drive a slave.
You confuse me with your other comments. If you newly installed Windows to your new disk, it would appear that you have copies of the operating system on both drives. If my memory is correct, the operating system (Windows) will only boot from the master drive. Are you presented with a choice when you boot?
To make it simpler, what method did you use to copy everything from the old drive to the new which led you to the belief that every thing from the old should appear there?
Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back