Quick Nvidia driver question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

I would like to know if the latest PCI FX5200 Card is 169.21 Forceware drivers?

I am wondering because the last drivers I had were 93, and it just doesn't sound right. Also, what is the proper way to install the drivers?

Thanks.

The 169.21 version will do just fine for your card, assuming it's an FX card. These drivers have support built in for the Series 8, 7, 6 and FX flavors of NVIDIA chipset cards.
The correct way to install them is to first download them and save them somewhere you won't forget (desktop is the best). Then after downloading them, you need to uninstall the current drivers for your 5200. To do this, the easiest way is to click start, control panel, add/remove programs. Scroll down to the NVIDIA drivers and click on the tab that says remove. If you have more than one piece of hardware that takes NVIDIA drivers, a secondary menu will pop up listing the drivers you currently have installed for the hardware. If this is the case, just select video drivers from that menu. If not, let the program do its uninstall program and then you will be prompted to restart your computer. Click restart now and let it reboot. Once this is done, you can then click on the drivers saved on your desktop and you'll be good to go. Word of advice. Once installed, you should create a new folder in either C Drive or Program Files named the same as the drivers. This way, if a problem arises later, you can uninstall and reinstall those drivers.

Thanks sghiznaneck, that helped a lot. I was also very worried that I would mess up by not installing the old drivers first.

I got them installed and working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back