Quick Question?

By SuperCheetah
Apr 16, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Where can I find the logo.sys file in Windows XP, or does the file even exist? I'm trying to put an animated logon unto my computer, but I can't find the right file to do it with. This might not even be possible with XP, but I was just curious.

Thanks for any help!!!
  2. T-Shirt

T-Shirt Newcomer, in training Posts: 329

3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

4. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 868

Thanks for the heads up T-shirt and Mictlantecuhtli. For some odd reason I had forgotten about the ntoskrnl.exe file. I've changed my boot logon screen before (it still is changed), but forgotten what I did to do it. :)

Do you guys know if Windows XP supports animated logons like could be done with 95? This is what I'm looking to do is to create an animated logon screen. I already have the downloaded file, but it is in .sys filename.
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Not exactly animation as in GIF-files, but by changing the palette you can achieve similar results. That's what 9x/ME logo.sys does, too. I don't think 9x logo.sys is compatible with NT5, you'll need to change it a bit first.
  6. T-Shirt

T-Shirt Newcomer, in training Posts: 329

Here what you are looking for
    From Little white dog
    it's for win 2k, but XP is almost the same.
    their forums have 100 pages of hints and examples for 2k and maybe 6 or so of XP stuff (2 threads)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.