Quick Start Posibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricSalvi

I started to use the quick start options for the most used programs on my computer to get rid of desktop shortcut clutter. I now was thinking about putting the "like" programs together in a folder. When I tried this and added the folder named "something", and then added the links I wanted in there, when I click on that folder in the quick start menu just the explorer pops open the folder and what I was looking for was the folder would have like an arrow next to it in the quick start then it would display the programs in the folder. Kind of like the start menu or the programs you don't want to display on the task bar but then you'd highlight over the arrow to view the other quick start programs.

Any help?

I know what you are trying to do here, and there are several options, from my experience. One is to download a third party shortcut organizer program. If you don't want to go that route, you could do what I do and drag an entire folder to the edge of the screen (any direction except south to the taskbar) and let it go. this will create a toolbar, which will display the entire contents of the folder in the "button" mode you are looking for. you can have a toolbar on all 3 available sides, and i guess the bottom too if you don't care about your taskbar, and you can have the toolbars on top of each other too. just remember to right click on them and select auto-hide if you don't want them to stick out all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back