Quick Time and Graphic Decompressor Needed to view image error

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys

one of my software (labelled cd roentgen, a cd-rom released in 1996, with excellent x-ray teaching images, go here if you wish to see : Amazon.com: CD-Roentgen: Interactive Radiology Teaching File on CD-ROM (Electronic Resources from Tki Medcon, Inc.): Michael P McDermott, Thorsten L Krebs, Michael Mcdermott: Books ) is giving me hard time.

i have installed its software.....it starts up ok...but when i click to see x-ray image, nothing is displayed and an error shows up saying " Quicktime and a graphic decompressor is needed to see image"

i installed even quicktime....no help....

googled for this error....observed that people dealing with image/powerpoint production and editing on Windows and Mac face this kind of problem...but solution proposed are specific to their problem....

also the amazon webpage shows that requirements for this software is Windows 3.1 or Mac os 7.0

can someone expert please help in solving this error ?

thanks for replyin sir...

had tried installing latest version....even tried pro version...no benefit...

problem must be with graphic decompression....

but i have also tried opening the image (.jpe files inside the program folder) in macbook....images didn't open well...

but this cd was designed to run in windows 3.1....people have written reviews on amazon even last year....surely they must be running at least windows later than 95....

they didn't report any problem....

am i doing something wrong....

i solved this problem tonight

i had the same problem before, make new setup for the cd as follow
start, Program Compatibility Wizard , choose I want to use the program manually, brows to the cd setup file, next, choose Microsoft Windows 2000, then open it as us usuall.
if the problem persist install Qt16inst that come on the cd, then Qt32inst, and i t ll be ok.
dont try it with vista, i failed before, it works only on xp.
good luck
for more help . e-mail me on hrefaat1 at yahoo com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back