Quickbook 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace630

A friend and her husband have some important data saved in a quickbook program
Now she doesnt have the program anymore or any means of getting it
She has tried downloading the latest version of the program but it will not open in the latest version
I have tried searching all over to find the 2005 version without any luck
Is there any other program out there that can open these files or does anyone know where I can get the 2005 version of it?

quicken frequently updates its programs about every two years to force consumers to purchase the newest versions. Older versions become obsolete. The same goes for M$ money. If your bank continues to support older versions, you're in luck. Some do, some don't. In any case, try to download your bank activity to the version you have if you can.

thanks very much blind dragon
I went on the site and all i found was a zip file with a readme and a submission form which from what i read you have to pay the company to recover the data

There isn't much out there legally that I can tell you I saw.

If you know somebody that currently has quickbooks maybe they could use the restore function in it for you.

so there is free software out there that will fix it but it is illegal?
Are there any other programs that will open this type of file or is it just assigned to this one program?

I am quite sure there are freeware programs out there that can read quicken files. How good they are is debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back