TechSpot

QuickTime Freezing during installation

By djorgens
Feb 4, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been trying to install Quicktime 7 stand alone version and it keeps locking up the computer when the install gets to "updating environment strings". I have spent many hours on the phone with Apple Tech Support and they finally gave up and told me to try discussion forums.
    I am running windows XP Pro 2002 w/ SP2. The problem seems to be getting rid of all prior files and folders related to QuickTime and/or Itunes. I have used Windows Install Cleanup, CCleaner and tried the install in safe mode, where I get the error message #1607 "Unable to install InstallShield Scripting runtime". Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Don
  2. djorgens

djorgens TS Rookie Topic Starter

Bump to beginning
  3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

Have you tried searching the registry for things like "quick time" or "qt" ? Bump to beginning.
  4. djorgens

Peddant,
    I have searched the registry at least ten times using Ccleaner, Windows Install Cleanup, and RegCleaner. My search parameters have been: QuickTime, Quick, Q, QT, Itunes, Apple and all of these using *xxxxx*.* My personal feeling after two weeks of trying is that the problem is with InstallShield. I have tried all the published fixes for InstallShield except to re_install XP, which I'm not ready to do just yet. Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.
    Don
  5. djorgens

Bump to beginning
  6. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

You can bump all you like,nobody has a solution to your problem.It is a problem with no solution.It will remain unsolved for all eternity.:grinthumb
  7. djorgens

Peddant,
    There is an answer, only I have'nt tried it yet...........A SLEDGE HAMMER!!!!!! :bounce:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.