TechSpot

QuickTime giving me trouble.

By i_am_a_newbie
Jan 18, 2007
  1. I can't install the newest version of quicktime because there's apparently an older one(non-functioning) that refuses to be removed.

Is there some sort of program that will completely eradicate this program from my computer? Or is there some way I can get my browser(FireFox) to use an alternate program rather than QuickTime?

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

What do u use Quicktime for? I hate it. I prefer using the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack instead, with its built-in Media Player Classic.

3. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

If you have iTunes on your PC, that includes a crappy implementation of Quicktime.
    Uninstall iTunes and QT first, then install Apples full QT or the above Alternative, then re-install iTunes (without QT if it lets you).

5. i_am_a_newbie

i_am_a_newbie TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 170

I try not to, but a lot of websites use QuickTime to play their embedded media.

I'll look into it, will it replace QuickTime as the default embedded player?

6. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

try using CCleaner to see if there's any rouge registry entries relating to your old quicktime..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.