Radeon 7000 PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've had my little ATI Radeon 64 MB PCI card for awhile.

Other then changing mobos to one with an AGP slot or getting a faster PCI card (There's only like 2 faster PCI cards out there) what can I do to increase performance and speed?

Is it possible to overclock a PCI Card at all? I've tried most Radeon Overclockers but they're meant for AGP cards. I've used Omega's Radeon drivers at times and not had a major difference from the newest Catalyst 3.0 drivers. So what can I do?

Most Radeon Tweaking programs are over a year old and out of date, because the locations of Registry values for some settings have changed.

Also I seem to be unable to find any flash BIOSes or anything for the 7000 series. Damn thing must be too old ;)

gf4 mx440 pci is supposed to be ok...

not sure about overclocking an ati if its different from an nvidia. For that I use powerstrip. I've got my gf3ti200 from 180/400 to
230/530.

Doesn't matter what slot type is for overclocking that card. I have a 7000 PCI in my parents computer and I have overclocked it with powerstrip and radeonator. This is the only way you will any performance boosts, except for gettin the latest driver of course. With that you will be able to getan extra 13-15MHZ without any additional cooling, after 13-15MHZ you will need some extra cooling. The cards got a really cheap heatsink and no fan. Good luck and for your information that card is really bad for games, especially in PCI form, so if you want some decent frames i suggest you upgrade. Hope this helps :D !

Sorry to butt in, but can you explain what artifacting is exactly please? I had a quick scan on the net but couldnt find any reference to it in graphics cards.

Thanks

It's when artifacts show up on your monitor...
I.e. things not supposed to be there...
Could be anything from horizontal/vertical lines to big squares...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back