TechSpot

radeon 9200 help

By justin420
May 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wassup everyone im new to the forums and i had i quick questoin about my video card.

a friend of mine gave me a radeon 9200 128 meg vid card and i installed everyhign with so much hassel.

finally i got it to work but my desktop resolution is WAY to low. i put it on 1024x768 and i have a 15" monitor.

PLEASE HELP

thanks in advance

2. Mr Papschmere

Mr Papschmere TS Rookie Posts: 96

Do you mean it won't stay at those settings???

did you uninstall the drivers from the previous card?
    that can cause all sorts of problems if you didn't.

Go to ADD/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, remove all video Drivers, restart, and install the ATI ones for your new card.

That should do the trick.

++You might want to try being a bit clearer in future - I'm just guessing that thats what you are trying to say++

3. justin420

justin420 TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i dont know if it wont stay at them or if it even is set to them. and about uninstalling the old drivers... i have a gateway(dont laugh) from a couple years ago and the video card is built into the mother board and i have no idea how to uninstall the old drivers

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

4. Mr Papschmere

Mr Papschmere TS Rookie Posts: 96

OK, so it was Onboard, now you have an AGP Card?

what you should do is download the latest drivers from ATI, install them, re- start and you should be in business.

http://www.ati.com/

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.