TechSpot

radeon 9200 help

By justin420
May 22, 2006
  1. wassup everyone im new to the forums and i had i quick questoin about my video card.

a friend of mine gave me a radeon 9200 128 meg vid card and i installed everyhign with so much hassel.

finally i got it to work but my desktop resolution is WAY to low. i put it on 1024x768 and i have a 15" monitor.

PLEASE HELP

thanks in advance

2. Mr Papschmere

Mr Papschmere TS Rookie Posts: 55

Do you mean it won't stay at those settings???

did you uninstall the drivers from the previous card?
    that can cause all sorts of problems if you didn't.

Go to ADD/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, remove all video Drivers, restart, and install the ATI ones for your new card.

That should do the trick.

++You might want to try being a bit clearer in future - I'm just guessing that thats what you are trying to say++

3. justin420

justin420 TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i dont know if it wont stay at them or if it even is set to them. and about uninstalling the old drivers... i have a gateway(dont laugh) from a couple years ago and the video card is built into the mother board and i have no idea how to uninstall the old drivers

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

4. Mr Papschmere

Mr Papschmere TS Rookie Posts: 55

OK, so it was Onboard, now you have an AGP Card?

what you should do is download the latest drivers from ATI, install them, re- start and you should be in business.

http://www.ati.com/

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.