TechSpot

Radeon 9200 SE Sapphire PROBLEMS

By avirex
Aug 9, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

Okay, to start this off I did do research and my issue is similar to this thread:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic13466.html

I play CS and I have a Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (AGP CARD). I get 100fps when i dont see any action, when I see people and they start shooting back my FPS drops to about 50-70 FPS. I disabled Vsync, I install the latest ATI catalyst, and i turned all functions from Quality to PERFORMANCE. I tried ati_npatch 0 and ati_subdiv 0, i tried various other commands but no change. I am running OpenGL.. (my other specs: intel pentium 4 3 ghz, 512mb ram, 40gb hd)

Please.. Help me

I appreciate it

2. avirex

avirex TS Rookie Topic Starter

bump.. please help any1

3. AKirru

AKirru TS Rookie Posts: 53

If you just play cs, try these drivers they were made for cs players in mind.

http://files.filefront.com/ATI_Ultimate_CS_Driversrar/;4018850;;/fileinfo.html

Another option is to check your anti-virus, as I had a similiar problem and it turned out that resource hungry norton was the cause. I recommend AVG or anti-vir(free) as they use a lot less resourses(especially the latter).

Andy

4. avirex

Do i have to uninstall my downloaded ATI drivers before I install this one?

5. avirex

Akirru I recently just downloaded that driver and when i was about to install the driver disconnected my internet so I exitted, is this supposed to happen or is this something i shouldnt download?

6. AKirru

Strange, they installed fine for me. Although if you play other newer games as well as 1.6 these might not be ideal as they are based on an older cat set (3.8s). These are the best 1.6 drivers though :bounce:

7. avirex

I hear a lot of people talk about the older drivers (catalysts 3.8) I heard they are good for my video card rather than the newer catalysts. However, when I installed the 3.7 ATI catalyst, i couldnt even open CS at opengl nor could i change my monitor's refresh rate from 60 to another higher

8. AKirru

Try the 4.12's (that is what I use atm) They seem to work great with new and old games incl. 1.6. I currently play both BF2 and CS1.6 and they both run fine.
    It is also said that they are the fastest Cat's available for most games :)

You can find them on www.guru3d.com (archive) or possibly on the techspot site.

Erm I'd recommend using the ati driver remover and that can be found on their site >> http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe

Andy

9. avirex

Okay i downloaded the 4.12 driver, before i did i went to control panal and uninstalled the old driver that was there

but i still get fps drop :(

10. AKirru

What about defraggin your Hard Drive or backing everything up and formatting?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.