Radeon 9200 VPU Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
two years ago roughly i bout a radeon 9200 and it worked fine but recently i got a new computer with better everything and the performance is great... i can run half-life 2 on full everything with no lag (i dont though)...

well on my old computer the video card would lag and now it doesnt but when i play a game for a while the screen either:

1)flickers to a black screen... than to a screen with distorted color.... than flickers black... and back to game.... this leaves a error stating that my something about vpu recovry and says i wouldnt be able to run any 3d renders.... yet the game runs perfect

2) the game flickers to a black screen with a sound loop.... flickers to the game with streched renders flickers black and looses sound... than frezzes

3)flickers black and restarts computer

my comps is:

System:

Microsoft Windows Xp
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Prosys - Spm Micro
Model 2005
AMD Athalon(tm) 64 Processor
3000+
2.00 Ghz\ 512 MB of Ram
Physical Adress Extention

thats what it says under system general....

i also got the new catalyst driver update from www.ati.com and i downladed net. framework 1.1

please help if u can

usually problems like these are caused by heat and/or failing power supplies. what are your power supply's specs? i'd try running the computer with the case opened, and see if the problems persist. opening the case makes the system generally cooler in operation and may clue in on whether your problem is heat related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back