TechSpot

Radeon 9200 VPU Error

By walleteater
Jul 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. two years ago roughly i bout a radeon 9200 and it worked fine but recently i got a new computer with better everything and the performance is great... i can run half-life 2 on full everything with no lag (i dont though)...

well on my old computer the video card would lag and now it doesnt but when i play a game for a while the screen either:

1)flickers to a black screen... than to a screen with distorted color.... than flickers black... and back to game.... this leaves a error stating that my something about vpu recovry and says i wouldnt be able to run any 3d renders.... yet the game runs perfect

2) the game flickers to a black screen with a sound loop.... flickers to the game with streched renders flickers black and looses sound... than frezzes

3)flickers black and restarts computer

my comps is:

System:

Microsoft Windows Xp
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Prosys - Spm Micro
    Model 2005
    AMD Athalon(tm) 64 Processor
    3000+
    2.00 Ghz\ 512 MB of Ram
    Physical Adress Extention

thats what it says under system general....

i also got the new catalyst driver update from www.ati.com and i downladed net. framework 1.1

please help if u can
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

usually problems like these are caused by heat and/or failing power supplies. what are your power supply's specs? i'd try running the computer with the case opened, and see if the problems persist. opening the case makes the system generally cooler in operation and may clue in on whether your problem is heat related.
  3. walleteater

walleteater TS Rookie Topic Starter

:p

doubt it... my comps has a big fan panel on the side.... cool as its gonna get
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.