Radeon 9250 Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

smsnead1

OK, bought a new Radeon 9250 PCI video card to install on my Dell Optiplex GX280 that had previously run on integrated AGP. Installed and I get a black screen upon rebooting except for 2 white pixels at the very top of my display. Switched back to AGP and installed drivers then repeated process and still black screen. BIOS is set to AUTO so it should be picking up the the card. Recognized it as a driver but no picture. Any suggestions?

smsnead1 said:
OK, bought a new Radeon 9250 PCI video card to install on my Dell Optiplex GX280 that had previously run on integrated AGP. Installed and I get a black screen upon rebooting except for 2 white pixels at the very top of my display. Switched back to AGP and installed drivers then repeated process and still black screen. BIOS is set to AUTO so it should be picking up the the card. Recognized it as a driver but no picture. Any suggestions?

Try to clear the cmos (remove the lithium battery off of the motherboard) and put it back in a few seconds, this should return all of the BIOS setting back to their defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back