Radeon 9550 256MB AGP Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangjangler

I was looking for a cheap way to get better performance on my games and this card worked for awhile. I used it for maybe a month and it started acting crazy. I just tried it again yesterday and it worked for a little then started doing the same thing.

What it does is sometimes when I start my PC my monitor just gets no signal and goes to sleep. And sometimes I will be doing something and it will just go black and say "Input SIgnal Out of Range". I have a Compaq Flat Panel monitor and I tried a spare monitor and it isn't the monitor that is the problem. I tried the new ATI drivers and those didn't work at all.

Currently I am using my old 128MB Radeon 9200.

It may be your power supply actually. That would be my first guess. Do you by chance have another computer in which you can test that 9550 card in?

Welcome to techspot by the way!

I tried two different power supplies. One was 400watts and the one I have in now is an X-Connect 500watt. I am updating my via vt8237 motherboard right now.

I hope the VIA Hyperion driver package will work for this board...Oh and love the Monty Python avatar and signature. I am a huge Python fan.

I just installed and updated my motherboard drivers. I installed that card and started up the PC, it worked fine. Then I started up BF2 and after about 2 minutes of playing the graphics started to get all crazy and the textures went nuts and got all pixelated.

Now I have the 128MB in again...I turned off the PC and tried to turn it back on and had the same problem. The monitor said "going to sleep" and went black...

I hate this Radeon 9550...I really need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back