Radeon 9550 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a VIA/SG3 UniChrome intigrated graphics card and i upgraded to a Radeon 9550. I disabled the card before i installed the card. I updated the drivers, catalyst, and made sure everything was up to date. Everything 2-D like word IE and normal programs run fine , except when i run any 3-D game. I usualy see the game working fine for mabey 20~30 if lucky then my comp either freezes or i get a VPU error. Ive tried everything i could think of and nothing helps.
My computer Specs are:

System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3100+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: DDR 512MB RAM
Core Speed ~ 2200MHz
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer Inc.
Model: Kelut
Power Supply: 350W

*Edit: Im running Windows XP SP2

Welcome to Techsot :wave: ! Look at my guide in my signature and try to find out how many amps you have on the +12V Rail. You could have a 2,000,000 watt power supply unite, but if it has 1amp, you wouldn't be able to run a video card.

Yes, that seems very possible too. There are programs such as speedfan, which you can google, that check and record the heat in your system from different sensors.

the card isnt overheating i have have put xtra fans on it and have tested the tempature before and after the crashes and the system stays near a constant 51C. The card also doesnt seem to get hot at all.

asus Probe

Did you install Probe ? It's on the motherboard cd or dl the latest version
to check fans.temps and voltage.
Does your system meet the games requirements ?
What direct x do you have ? Did you test dxdiag video ?
You can see a Probe reading here.Can't post it twice.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic67936.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back