radeon 9550 is crapping out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if i have a software or hardware problem.When i start to play a game graphics are ok. after about 2 minutes everything gets choppy.Battlefield 2 is the worst.It use to run great on my PC.(P4 2.8ghz 512ram) Now even in single player mode with everything on low its choppy after a couple minutes. My other games have started to suffer and ivehad to turn settings down on EA's sports games.I have the latest drivers and everything.I have no viruses. Anyone have any ideas?

you-reeka!! turns out my card was caked with dust. I blew itout and it works great. All the software tweaking i did has made a once lackluster card a great card. I can play battlefield 2 on high. I couldnt before. Perhaps its GameXP.

You obviously have a heating / cooling problem ... besides dust. Dusty components means too litlle airflow, and too much moisture. Get the box off the floor ...

there's your problem....you should learn to clean your things more often....i'm a cleaning freek...i clean my computer once a month min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back