Radeon 9550 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a brand new ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 4x/8x card 256 MB. I enabled AGP in the BIOS and installed the newest drivers from nVIDIA for my chipset. When I start my system up there's no problem and I get all the way to the WinXP bootscreen. But then I get a 'no signal' message and the screen goes blank. My system itself keeps running. I know it's not my flat panel monitor since it works fine with my ATI Radeon PCI card. I also tried a DVI cable but with the same result.
My motherboard doesn't have integrated video so I'm a bit reluctant to uninstall my PCI card at this time. Or could that be the problem? In the BIOS I set my initial Video to Onboard/AGP when I try to get the AGP card to work.
Does anyone have a solution?

why did you install nVIDIA drivers for ATI Radeon?

and is there any other options for graphics on the bios settings?

The nVidia chipset drivers are for my motherboard chipset since I was told that those might need updating.
And the only other option my BIOS is giving me is PCI

Maybe your power supply is inadequate. You now have two cards installed. Since you don't have integrated graphics, what graphics card did it come with?

Had to buy my own graphics card and bought an ATI Radeon 9250 PCI 128 MB.
But I got the problem fixed now. Downloaded newest drivers from ATI and uninstalled both graphics cards and drivers. Left only AGP card in my computer, rebooted and installed new drivers. Graphics work now and no more black screen. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back