TechSpot

Radeon 9600 crash! crash!! CRASH!!!

By a4375
Aug 8, 2005
  1. I have a radeon 9600 with windows xp home edition.

Whenever i am playing a game such as world of warcraft it crashes but when i am playing warcraft 3 which is a similar game it does not crash...

the nature of the crash is random sometimes it has a vpu recovery window poping up sometimes in completely crashes and freezes where i have to hold down the power button to reset thou even when the computer resets windows will not load up which leads me to believe it is a temperature issue if anyone can post explaining how to fix such issues step-by-step...

ive noticed this crash also happening with half life 2 so it is not a problem with an individual game. I originally thought this was a driver issue so i tried downloading new drivers and older ones.

2. Midgetmax

Midgetmax TS Rookie Posts: 63

umm, im not a tech or anything, but i was just gonna suggest backing up your files and restoring your computer.....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.