RADEON 9600 XT problems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got the 9600xt for christmas and was looking forward to using it in Half-Life 2. It runs good except one problem that is driving me CRAZY! I can change the desktop gamma and the full screen gamma, but when i enter HL2 or almost any other game it goes dark. Even when HL2 options are open and i slide the brightness bar all the way up, it is still very dark. Please help me!
It also seems that the overlay controlls are locked, i have no idea what those even do. And now after messing around with it im getting a
"VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphic driver commands." :knock:

Specs>
2.53ghz

MSI "661FM-L" SiS661FX Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL mother board.

512Mb ram
ATI 9600xt 128 > 4.12 driver (6.14.10.6490)
Windows XP

Have you tried, In your ATI control panel, under D3D, go to the color tab, and be sure move the "game gamma" slider a bit brighter...??

For some reason I don’t even have a game gamma control in catalyst or any other control I have. I have all the new drivers and all the updates.

BUT! I did figure out how to get around it for the time being! I set up an "increase gamma" hotkey and just increased it in the game. However, it still resets when I exit but at least I can see! :chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back