Radeon 9600 xt/td displays only grey on secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athoz

Hi..

I have a problem with my Radeon 9600 xt/td.. When i hook up my TV to it, it gives a very clear image, but greyscaled... Ive been going through ATI's help, this forum, couldnt find something about it.

Also i've been trying 4 different cables, non of those make a change, it still gives me greyscale.

My config is

Athlon XP 1800+
Win XP sp1
DirectX 9.0c
Latest catalyst drivers
1024 mb ddr ram
1750 mb VM

Hope you can help me sort this...

Thanks in advance.

Athoz

to be sure you haven't missed anything, try digging around in your catalyst software/display settings for anything related to tv display/dual monitors. good luck.

Ye i've been going through all the properties tabs, and tried everything i could find.. Also configuring the secondary to the hz it can handle toying around with the pal/ntcs settings, nothing..

How are you connecting it to the TV?

If you're using S-Video (aka SVHS), check if your television supports S-Video in RGB mode. If it doesn't, you most likely have to use composite video.

Euhm.. lol i always mix up these, its the ps2 (mouse) like connector (s-comp right?)

And on my tv set there isnt an option to set it (only scart), although it has always worked with the same cable and tv on my gf4 :/

Soz, not that of a techy on this, RGB meaning using a cable with like 3 plugs right? or is it a setting i can change...

Again, sorry to be n00bish :/

rgb uses three different cables for the video alone. i am not referring to the 3-cable yellow (video), l-audio (white) r-audio (red) combination, a common mistake people make.

Dont have RGB then. Only thing coming out of my gfx card is the normal VGA connection, the Scomp and DVI out (for which i have a plug to use a second VGA screen on), no RGB.

My TV set has a Scart, and the white/red/yellow plugs.

*Edit* I found a converter cable, Scomp to TV-out (yellow plug) and that too gives me only grey colors..

The cable only connects wires, it does not convert anything. You need a S-Video to composite converter box (cost-a-lot) in order to make it work. Your TV may accept S-Video from the SCART - check the manual or see if you can find an input selection that says S.

On the back of the TV is nothing like it, also the manual doesnt mention anything about it..

SO your TV does not support S-Video input. You need to get an NVidia video card (those have composite output) or a S-Video to composite converter box or a TV/VCR/DVD player/whatever that accepts S-Video (sometimes called SVHS).

zephead said:
rgb uses three different cables for the video alone. i am not referring to the 3-cable yellow (video), l-audio (white) r-audio (red) combination, a common mistake people make.
Hrm, I meant that new TVs here in the old continent recognize if something connected to SCART is sending RGB or CVBS signal to them.

You have to configure both devices to use the same format in order to get a good color picture.

rgb_cvbs.jpg

Aight, think i oughta call it quits on it, the TV set i currently have doesnt support it, the GFX card is only 1 month old, so replacing it wont be an option, the settings just wont work out. I'll go look for such a converter box, see what those cost..

Thanks everyone for the help!

Greets

Had the same problems once... found out it the connection wasn't solid to my laptop. Wiggled it just right and everything is good. Could just have a crappy jack on either the TV or the card. *shrug* I'm sure its not that simple being you've tried multiple cables but if just one line isn't making good contact then no workie.

Nah it cant be the cables.. Tried 4 different cables, 2 were brandnew, and it were 2 normal cables and 2 gold cables so the odds cant be that bad... (can it?)

Not so much thinking the cables but where they hook up to. Can plug them in and try shifting the plug around in the jack. Probably not it but if ya haven't tried I guess it can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back